Friday, December 25, 2009

Take A Ride On The Wild Side


Taking a looking at this 1967 GTX makes me wonder if the rock group Motley Crue had this car in mind when it wrote the song Wild Side.

The lyrics in the song say take a ride on the wild side. I have to say this car would be taking a ride on the wild side with the Hemi under the hood.

I can hear the song blearing out to the tune of the Hemi revving up under the hood as it rumbles by the entire brand X boys and girls on the open road.

The Hemi winding up just a bit as the ground rumbles underneath feeling the pavement shake as woman and children run for cover screaming earthquake.

We Mopar guys and gals know it’s not an earthquake but a fire breathing dragon on the prowl looking for its next prey.

Bill Landals tells me the 1967 Satellite GTX clone will more then hold it’s on the street. I have to agree with him on that. I’m just setting here looking at it and the GTX makes me not want to take it on.

The Marines of First Recon have a saying don’t ever pet a burning dog and well I know the meaning of that now and this GTX is the burning dog that many of brand X’s drivers have fell victim to.

Bills wife Nadine traded a pristine 1970 GTO Convertible project car for this 1967 Satellite turned 426 Hemi GTX beast of a clone.

Bill is not only lucky to have a car with a Hemi under the hood but a wife that loves cars as much as he does. This is every gear heads dream come true.

The GTX has manual steering and breaks and it makes it a bit of a handful to drive but from what I hear Nadine doesn’t mind it at all and well either does Bill when he can get the keys from his wife.

Bill and Nadine tell me cars are never finished and are meant to be driven. Bill and Nadine enjoy taking the GTX out and driving it when ever the mood hits.

Bill also tells me there are plans for more things to be done to the GTX later on but from where I’m setting I can’t see where it needs anything at all, other then me behind the wheel.

I think Bill and Nadine have captured the heart of what the Classic car and Muscle car hobby is all about. These cars are meant to be driven weather it be a clone or an all original matching numbers car.

The lines of this GTX are classic and the paint on it shows the lines of the car off just perfect. The 1967 GTX is one of my favorite years for the GTX model.

The car just looks mean without anything being done to it. This is one awesome GTX that will put fear in the hearts and minds of the entire brand X’s cars that pull up beside it at the red light.

There is only one suggestion I could make to the other guy pulling up in the lane beside Bill and Nadine, stay a car or two lengths behind and you might stand a chance of not getting bitten.

I would ask for the keys but Nadine and Bill are out doing what we all should be doing with our Classic and Muscle cars, that’s right they are driving it.

Bill heat the tires up and rev the Hemi once for me man.

1 comment:

  1. nice BLOG, i added your site (link) to my BLOG.
    ---> http://charger1967.blogspot.com
    regards, chris

    ReplyDelete